Home Home Home About Me Themes Freebies Photo Gallery TpT Specials Contact Me Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Twitter

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Pre-K Assessment & Portfolio


In my classroom I have a portfolio for each child in my class. I keep it all in a standard folder with the child’s name on the front and all of the information tucked away inside. It’s a great tool for parent-teacher conferences and then it’s also a great keepsake for the kids to have at the end of the year.

I teach at a year-round pre-school. So I have 12 months with each of my children, which is why I have Anecdotes for 12 months. I have also created a 9-month Anecdotal for those of you who work the typical “school year.”

How to use this resource:
Print the Developmental Checklist & Assessment for your age group. The “Pre-K Assessment” and “Assessment Notes” pages can be printed back to back to make it a bit easier. I usually write an overview of what the child knows and goals for the child on the Assessment Notes page.

Print the Assessment Tool for your age group in COLOR. I put them in page protectors and usually use a wet-erase marker on it while assessing the children if there is something that they don’t recognize. That way I can easily transfer it to their Pre-K Assessment for their portfolio.

I keep all of my Anecdotal Notes pages on a clipboard with the Class Roster and the checklist page on the top with each month. This way I can make sure that I am observing and documenting at LEAST once per month for each child. I do the same thing for the name writing throughout the year page.

I have provided a checklist for the portfolio I do as well as a blank one for you to edit however you please. Hope this is helpful!

Here is a list of everything I put in my kid’s portfolios:

1 Pre-K Assessment per term (Fall, Winter, & Spring)
1 Developmental Checklist (Completed Fall, Winter. & Spring)
Two pieces of artwork per term
Two photographs showing a milestone or educational experience per term
One anecdotal note per month
One name sample per month
One self portrait per term (Fall, Winter, & Spring)

*********************************************************************


Included in this Assessment & Portfolio Pack:
3-Year Old Developmental Checklist
3-Year Old Assessment
3-Year Old Assessment Notes
3-Year Old Assessment Tool
4-Year Old Developmental Checklist
4-Year Old Assessment
4-Year Old Assessment Notes
4-Year Old Assessment Tool
5-Year Old Developmental Checklist
5-Year Old Assessment
5-Year Old Assessment Notes
5-Year Old Assessment Tool
Portfolio Checklist
Blank Portfolio Checklist
My Self Portrait Page
Name Throughout the Year Page
Name Throughout the Year 12-Month Checklist
Name Throughout the Year 9-Month Checklist
Anecdotal Note 9-Month Checklist
Anecdotal Note 12-Month Checklist
12-Month Anecdotal Note Page (Small)
12-Month Anecdotal Note (Large) –Print Back to Back
9-Month Anecdotal Note Page
Full Packet Explanation

*********************************************************************


Follow That Creative Teacher on Social Media:
TPT:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/That-Creative-Teacher
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thatcreativeteacher
Blog:
http://thatcreativeteacher.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment