Home Home Home About Me Themes Freebies Photo Gallery TpT Specials Contact Me Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Twitter

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Homemade Silly Putty


I LOVE this recipe! I recently bought Silly Putty at Walgreens that came in cute little Easter eggs. When I brought them to work and let the kids play with them they felt nothing like silly putty! You couldn't pull it or it would just break in half. It was a total bust...So I was bound and determined to find a recipe to make silly putty that had the same consistency as the silly putty I grew up playing with and I finally found a good one. (Keep out of hair...impossible to remove!)

Here is the recipe:

1 c. Liquid Starch
1 c. Elmers Glue
Food coloring

Pour ingredients into cup and let kids mix it by squishing it together (You could use a spoon too). When mixed it makes awesome silly putty. After kids are done playing with it, roll into balls and store in freezer as it is a super ball until it thaws.
Mix together equal portions of glue and starch. Knead together. If too sticky, add more starch; if too stringy, add more glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment